Pros of Affiliate Marketing
There are many advantages of doing online marketing that many people yet don’t know and ignore, simply because they are not aware of the huge potential going forward.
- Global Audience. The world just became smaller with Internet Marketing. Marketers are no longer limited to geographic location, allowing you to reach a much wider target audience, opening up a higher chance of success.
- Low-cost promotion strategy. This form of marketing requires no large capital investment and there is no physical capital to worry about. In comparison to what businesses have done in the past for mass media marketing.
- Personalized and measurable results. Campaigns can be custom made based on the ability to track consumer profiles, behaviors, preferences, and past purchases. This can best extremely useful when marketing to customers. You can also measure every action from leads, clicks, visits, sign-ups, and purchases.
- Build Relationships needed for business.
Internet-based marketing can leverage the power of social media which in turn can help build relationships. Engagement is key and being able to interact with targeted customers in real-time can help build customer, supplier relationships.
- Work anywhere you have internet connection Whether it was from home, hotels, and coffee shops, having the flexibility of working from anywhere was a big factor why I started the working online. I got to choose when to start and stop my day without someone to control it (such as your boss).
- Recommended for someone who’s ready to leave the corporate world and/or fire their boss
Cons of Affiliate Marketing
Like every good thing, there are some down falls to this type of marketing to consider.
- There is no instant trust. Because online advertising is everywhere, there is no way for potential customers to tell if the marketing is good or bad. It can take some time for a business marketing online to gain the trust of users.
- There is stiff competition.While having strong competition is a good thing, it can be very difficult to make your business and information stand out with companies around the world competing.
- Skill and knowledge required. Take about information overload. Online marketing today requires a great deal of knowledge and skill to truly dominate.
- Building the base for your business is key. Any online business can take anywhere from a few months to a year to set up a strong foundation. It’s only scaling your business from here.
- Requires patience and dedication. Doing online marketing takes time. You have to learn the process of building a systems and skills, and organizing things in place. But, this is where people leave and choose to give up. Why? Because, in today’s society people expect instant gratification, which is a typical employee mindset.
- Misleading Information from Scam Artist. What tons of internet users are told to get rich quick by many cheesy online making money opportunity. These can be found from ads and videos sales. Those scammers are just telling B.S. about making money using proven system. They promise you little work with thousands of dollar in return. This is the main reason why people are so afraid of online marketing. In reality, there are a legitimate way to earn money
- Sometimes, it can be intimidating. In the beginning process of online marketing venture, you might expect things to go fast as you expect. However, it will not that smooth. You need to have long term goal and strategy to do online marketing. The obvious one is to learn it first. What most people fail to realized that this actually requires hard work and dedication. Online marketing is not “get rich” scheme.